CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF YPSILANTI ENTRY LEVEL FIREFIGHTER APPLICATION PROCESS
The Charter Township of Ypsilanti will be accepting Entry Level Firefighter applications packets beginning Wednesday, April 20, 2022 – Friday, May 27, 2022. This process will be used to establish an eligibility list for a 2-year period. Duties of a firefighter include work in the protection of life and property; to operate and assist in maintaining equipment, apparatus and facilities; and to participate in rescue and fire prevention activities.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver license with good record – no more than 6 pts in the last 5 years (Applicants with out of state driver license must provide a copy of their driving record from the Secretary of State office that issued the license)
- Michigan Firefighter Training Council Firefighter I & II Certification
- State of Michigan or Equivalent Emergency Medical Technician—Basic License
- Written exam through Conference of Western Wayne or EMPCO with a 70% or above
- National certified (CPAT) physical agility test. (All certifications must be valid at time of application and job offer)
- Copy of Photo Identification
Questions regarding the written exam should be directed to Conference of Western Wayne Testing Center @ 734-462-4806 or EMPCO @ Empco.net
Questions regarding upcoming CPAT testing should be directed to Conference of Western Wayne Testing Center @ 734-462-4806
COPIES OF CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION PACKET.
Applications are available on the Township website: ytown.org or through the Human Resource Department, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday @ (734) 544-4000.
Application packets will be received beginning Wednesday, April 20, 2022 thru Friday, May 27, 2022. Application packets can be mailed to: Charter Township of Ypsilanti HR Department, 7200 S. Huron River Dr., Ypsilanti, MI 48197 or fax to 734-484-5160. All application packets must be received by no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, May 16, 2022.
APPLICATION PACKETS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OUTSIDE THE APRIL 20, 2022 thru MAY 27, 2022 TIME FRAME.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER