CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF YPSILANTI ENTRY LEVEL FIREFIGHTER APPLICATION PROCESS
The Charter Township of Ypsilanti will be accepting Entry Level Firefighter applications packets beginning Monday, June 5, 2023 – Friday, July 28, 2023. This process will be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current openings. Duties of a firefighter include work in the protection of life and property; operate and assist in maintaining equipment, apparatus and facilities; and to participate in rescue and fire prevention activities.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of Photo Identification
- Valid driver license with good record – no more than 6 pts in the last 5 years. (Applicants with out of state driver license must provide a copy of their driving record from the Secretary of State office that issued the license)
- Michigan Firefighter Training Council Firefighter I & II Certification
- State of Michigan or Equivalent “Emergency Medical Technician—Basic License”
- Written exam through Conference of Western Wayne or EMPCO with a 70% or above.
- Valid nationally recognized CPAT test
Questions regarding the written exam should be directed to Conference of Western Wayne Testing Center @ 734-462-4806 or EMPCO @ empco.net
Questions regarding upcoming CPAT testing should be directed to Conference of Western Wayne Testing Center @ 734-462-4806
COPIES OF CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION PACKET.
Applications are available on the Township website: ypsitownship.org or through the Human Resource Department, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday @ (734) 544-4000, ext. #5
Application packets will be received beginning Monday, June 5, 2023 thru Friday, July 28, 2023. Application packets can be mailed to: Charter Township of Ypsilanti HR Department, 7200 S. Huron River Dr., Ypsilanti, MI 48197 or fax to 734-484-5160. All application packets must be received by no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, July 28, 2023.
APPLICATION PACKETS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OUTSIDE THE JUNE 5, 2023 THRU JULY 28, 2023 TIME FRAME.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER