NOTICE OF VACANCY
The City of Wyandotte is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Testing for Firefighter/Paramedic positions in the City of Wyandotte is handled through EMPCO, Inc., which provides a statewide hiring consortium serving public safety agencies.
EMPCO has partnered with several fire departments in Michigan to develop a system to assist candidates for entry level positions as Firefighter/Paramedics. Participating fire departments ask that you complete an Empco profile and sign up, pay, and take an entry-level examination, generally referred to as pre-employment tests, at a nearby test site as the first step in this process. Your test score, name, address, email address and a brief profile that you complete will be available to every participating fire department in the state that you select.
Additional information about this system and list of fire departments participating in the system can be found on the EMPCO website at www.empco.net
To be eligible for hire by the Wyandotte Fire Department, external candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Take and pass the EMPCO pre-employment exam;
- Possession of high school diploma or equivalent;
- State of Michigan Firefighter I and II Certification;
- State of Michigan Paramedic License;
- Hazardous Materials Operations Level;
- Vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes;
- Valid Mich. Operator’s License w/ good driving record;
- No record of criminal conviction;
- Physical condition appropriate for the position;
- Applicants must pass the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) offered through the Conference of Western Wayne (CWW) Firefighter Testing Program. CPAT results are valid for one (1) year.
Candidates must complete the exam and submit all required documentation no later than May 22, 2022, for consideration.
For additional information, please contact:
City of Wyandotte
Human Resources Department
3200 Biddle Ave.
Wyandotte, MI 48192