West Bloomfield Township is accepting applications for Police Officer. In order to be considered, you must submit a completed application and required documents by Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Police Officers start at $53,617.03 and progress up to $77,981.74 thereafter based upon service with the department. We have a generous fringe benefit that includes; pension, medical, prescription and dental/vision coverage.
- Must be certified/licensed police officer in the State of Michigan prior to the beginning of employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years old.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have an associate degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or university at the time of application.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- Passed MCOLES pre-employment written and physical agility exams at time of application.
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan motor vehicle or chauffeur’s license.
- Must successfully pass the written examination given by EMPCO with score of 80% or better at time of application.
- Must submit to a full background investigation, including fingerprinting, photograph, and DNA collection.
- Must successfully pass a medical examination, including drug screen.
- Must successfully pass a psychological examination.
- See hiring policy for further requirements.
To schedule testing, complete a profile, and take a test for this position, please go to www.empco.net/testing/ and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The deadline for testing is Thursday, May 13, 2021.
In order to be considered, you MUST submit a completed application and testing must be completed by Thursday, May 13, 2021. In addition to the application, please submit a copy of your MCOLES and EMCPO written test results showing your name, score and date of results. Also, if you are a current or recent Police Academy student or graduate, please submit a copy of your MCOLES physical agility test results. For more information and application, please visit www.wbtownship.org/jobs.