JOB TITLE: ROAD PATROL DEPUTY
Application deadline: Open until sufficient candidates are identified. RATE OF PAY: $21.84 per hour, entry, progressing to $25.18 per hour, after 5 years
Full-time position with benefits (Community Blue Health/Dental/Vision). Incentive-Police academy cost reimbursement if applicable.
As a law enforcement officer, regularly patrols the County to safeguard lives and property and enforce local, State and Federal laws. Responds to a variety of calls requiring law enforcement and serves as a deterrent to crime by presence in assigned area. Work is performed under direct supervision of the Shift Commander, which is usually a Sergeant. Prefer at least an associate’s degree in law enforcement or related field experience. Prior experience as a law enforcement officer is desirable but not required.
Requirements for Application
- Applicant must have passed the MCOLES written exam and submit documentation of their score at the time of application submission.
- Applicant must have taken and passed the MCOLES physical agility test and submit documentation at the time of application submission.
- Applicant must be MCOLES licensed, MCOLES certifiable, or be actively enrolled in a State of Michigan recognized Police Academy at time of application.
- Applicant must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant must have passed the EMPCO test within the past two years.
- OUT-OF-STATE CERTIFIED OFFICERS: Please contact the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) at (517)322-1417 to determine your eligibility and available dates for the Recognition of Prior Training and Experience Program.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online at: https://www.tuscolacounty.org/sheriff/ or via US Mail at the Tuscola County Sheriff’s Office, 420 Court St., Caro, MI 48723
Questions can be directed to Undersheriff Robert Baxter at email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER