EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2010
Empco, Inc. (“Empco”) values the privacy of its web site visitors and hopes that the following statement helps you understand how Empco collects, uses, and safeguards the personal information you provide us through our web site, empco.net and its pages ("Site"):
1. When you visit the Site, Empco collects personally identifiable information that you provide to us. Personally identifiable information is information that is not otherwise publicly available, and may include such things as your first and last name, e-mail address, username and password, driver’s license, social security number and other information that you provide to us. Do not submit information that you do not want Empco to access.
2. Empco may also use different technologies, such as cookies, to passively collect information. The information collected might include the date and time you visit the Site, logs from your browser, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the pages you requested. This information will usually be used to (i) customize the advertising and content you see, (ii) fulfill your requests for products and services, (iii) contact you, and (iv) enhance your experience. Your browser must be set up to accept cookies in order to fully utilize certain areas of the Site.
3. Empco may use personally identifiable information to provide information and services to Site users and to allow Empco to (i) connect candidates and departments, (ii) respond to user questions and comments, (iii) analyze and monitor consumer and customer activity, (iv) promote and support Empco services, and (v) develop a knowledge base regarding its Site users.
4. Empco may disclose personally identifiable information in response to law enforcement activity, to enforce its contracts or property rights, or when required by law. Information collected may also be transferred in connection with the sale or merger of the company or any division or business line of the company to which the information relates. We may use business partners to help us operate the Site or perform services associated with the Site. When we use business partners who may have access to your personal information, it will be on terms that prohibit them from using the data for unrelated purposes or for their own marketing.
6. Empco intends to use commercially reasonable means to protect the integrity of its Site and the confidentiality of the personally identifiable information that you provide. While Empco considers online security a priority, it cannot provide absolute assurances against, and will not be liable for, any breaches of confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties.