OTSEGO COUNTY JOB POSTING
Responsible for the supervision, care, custody, control, safety/security and physical restraint, as necessary, of inmates in the Otsego County Jail. Participates in inmate services and programming, food service staffing and jail supervision.
Basic requirements include the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by college training in law enforcement, criminal justice, corrections or a related field. Additional related experience may substitute for the college requirement if there is demonstrated knowledge, ability and skills to perform the work.
- The county, at its discretion, may consider an alternative combination of formal education and work experience.
- Michigan Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Michigan Corrections Officer Training Certification (MCOTC). Prior to hire, must have a passing score on the EMPCO written test for local corrections officer candidates as recognized and approved by the Michigan Sheriffs’ Coordinating and Training Council (MSCTC), currently effective. Prior to hire, must also have a passing score on the physical abilities test for local corrections officer candidates as recognized and approved by MSCTS, currently effective.
Job Posting Information:
- This is full-time position eligible for fringe benefits.
- Bargaining Unit – POAM – 40 hours per week – shift determined by bidding.
- 2022 Starting Pay Rate: $18.79 per hour.
- For purposes of FLSA, this is a non-exempt position.
How to Apply:
To view a full job description and to apply please visit www.otsegocountymi.gov or click: