Summary: The Novi Police Department is a CALEA nationally-accredited, municipal law enforcement agency, proudly representing the top 4% of all law enforcement agencies in the United States. We are seeking a proactive, career oriented Police Officer to work in a community oriented problem-solving environment.
- Communicate verbally and effectively by listening to people and by giving information, directions, and commands.
- Enter and exit vehicles quickly to perform rescue operations, pursue a suspect, or answer an emergency call.
- Gather information in criminal investigations by interviewing and obtaining the statements of victims, witnesses, suspects, and confidential informants.
- See job description for further details
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required. Must have taken and passed the MCOLES written and physical agility tests, and have the ability to become MCOLES certified is preferred. You must schedule and complete a profile and examination for this position at https://www.empco.net/testing/ and follow the listed instructions. There is a fee to take the examination but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The EMPCO test must be completed prior to submitting your application.
Salary: $56,128 with a comprehensive fringe benefit package. With top out pay reaching $90,627.26
Snapshot of our Benefits:
- Generous paid time off program
- 24/7 access to on-site fitness facility
- Robust Employee Wellness & Engagement program. Past events have included Beautification Day, Mental Health Awareness Seminars, Cooking Well Series, Flu Shot Clinics, Heart & Vascular Screenings, and Yoga at Work!
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Cafeteria Health Insurance Plan
- Dental insurance provided by the City of Novi
- Life insurance provided by the City of Novi
- Hybrid defined benefit/defined contribution retirement plan & retiree health savings account with employer contribution
- Optional Roth IRA & 457 retirement plans
- Various personal and professional growth training resources
- Tuition reimbursement program and Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility
To Apply: Apply promptly by completing an online application though cityofnovi.org. Proof of MCOLES physical agility/written test scores as well as EMPCO test results must be submitted upon applying. EOE. For questions, call Human Resources at (248) 347-0452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.