Summary: The City of Novi, home to an estimated 66,243 residents, is seeking a proactive, full-time oriented Fire Protection Officer to work in a community oriented, problem-solving environment. The Novi Fire Department is a combination team of dedicated full and part-time firefighters.
- Responds to fires and related requests for service while on duty, or when called to respond, drives or accompanies department personnel to incident locations, performs such activities as pump operation, laying hose, erecting ladders, fire suppression and similar duties according to need.
- Performs rescue work at incident scenes, operates tools and rescue equipment, provides pre-hospital medical care, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Inspects buildings and specific areas to determine causes of fires and to see that safety precautions and practices are followed in accordance with fire protection laws and ordinances. Assists in preparing pre-fire plans.
- See job description for further details
Qualifications: Must possess Michigan Fire Fighter I and II Certification, Michigan Emergency Medical Technician-Basic License, Hazardous Materials Awareness/Operations Certification and Physical Agility Test (CPAT). Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must have a safe driving record. Applicants must also pass a written test through EMPCO: https://www.empco.net/fts/ prior to applying. Tests qualify you for several other departments. The EMPCO test must be completed at the candidate’s expense.
Starting Salary: $51,770 with a comprehensive fringe benefit package
Snapshot of our Benefits:
- Generous paid time off program
- 24/7 access to on-site fitness facility
- Robust Employee Wellness & Engagement program
- Fitness/wellness reimbursement program
- Cafeteria Health Insurance Plan
- Dental insurance provided by the City of Novi
- Life insurance provided by the City of Novi
- Defined contribution retirement plan & retiree health savings account with employer contribution
- Optional Roth IRA & 457 retirement plans
- Various personal and professional growth training resources
- Tuition reimbursement program and Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility
To Apply: Apply promptly by completing an online application though cityofnovi.org. EOE