The City of Mount Clemens is in the process of establishing a two-year eligibility list for future employment opportunities.
DEPARTMENT: Fire Department
WAGE: $47,961.85 to start-$63,528.86 after 3 years
Defined Benefit Pension-Healthcare-Holiday Pay
TYPICAL DUTIES: Performs all duties of a firefighter including protecting life and property by performing firefighting, emergency medical, hazardous materials, and fire prevention duties. Maintains fire equipment, apparatus, and facilities. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school graduate or satisfactorily completed the GED test
- At time of application, must possess a valid driver’s license (Michigan or out-of-state) with a good driving record and no felony convictions. Applicant must be able to obtain a valid Michigan Driver’s License within 30 days of employment
- Firefighter I and II certified by application date. All applicants must be Firefighter II certified (Michigan Firefighter Training Council certification) by attending an Academy sponsored by a regional training center as allowed by the provisions and/or requirements mandated by the State of Michigan
- Licensed Emergency Medical Technician according to the provisions and/or requirements mandated by the State of Michigan by date of application
- Licensed Paramedic preferred. Licensed according to the provisions and/or requirements mandated by the State of Michigan
- Applicants must pass written exam with minimum raw score of 70%; must pass oral exam with minimum raw score of 70%
- Weight of 75% for written exam and 25% for oral exam for a composite score
- Oral exam must be given by three persons with the rank of Sergeant or higher (one Mount Clemens Captain or Lieutenant may be on the oral board)
- Prior to being hired, candidate must pass and complete a Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT), physical, drug, psychological and respirator fit tests and extensive background check
TESTING DEADLINE: 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 28, 2022
- To schedule the written test for this position, go to the website https://www.empco.net/fts/ and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating fire departments in Michigan. You must create a profile and pass the written test by Friday, October 28th, 2022. In order to be considered by the City of Mount Clemens, you must select “Mount Clemens” as a participating agency within your EMPCO profile.
- The position of Firefighter is governed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and the International Association of Firefighters (AFL-CIO).
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V