POLICE OFFICER CITY OF MELVINDALE
APPLICANTS MUST AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. Be 21 years of age or older
2. U.S. Citizen
3. Possess a valid Michigan Operator’s license and meet minimum driving requirements.
4. Possess the valid Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) Certification, in reading, writing, and the Physical Skills Test Battery. For additional information on reading, writing and physical test visit www.Michigan.gov/mcoles
5. Have completed two (2) years of credits from accredited college or university (i.e. 60 semester hours, or Associates degree from an accredited institution
6. Take and pass the EMPCO written Police Officer test at https://www.empco.net
Upon meeting the above criteria, the candidate must successfully pass an oral board, background check, drug test, physical and psychological exam.
Upon completion of process the City of Melvindale will enroll candidate into and pay for academy. Candidate will receive salary while in academy.
Starting base salary $48,471.00
401 retirement (5% employee 10% City) with option of 457B match up to 5%
Medical/Dental benefits, gun and uniform allowance, paid vacation, longevity and holiday pay.
You can obtain an application on our website at: www.melvindale.org
Please return employment applications and requested documentation to the Melvindale Police Department at 3100 Oakwood Blvd. Melvindale, MI 48122
Applicant must present college transcript, driver’s license, birth certificate, EMPCO test score, MCOLES reading, writing and physical scores at time of submitted application.