The Ionia County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for full-time Corrections Officers.
Starting Wage: $20.67 with lateral pay for prior years of service considered. $4,000 sign-on bonus.
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by one or more years of correctional experience, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Applicant must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Michigan Sheriffs’ Coordinating and Training Council pre-employment minimum standards for mental and physical fitness – see information at www.misctc.org.
- All applicants must complete and pass a written test by accessing the www.empco.net website prior to applying for this position. To register, click on the Sheriffs’ Candidates and Applicants icon. The cost associated with this test is the responsibility of the applicant.
- All past applications and resumes need to be updated to include the pre-employment testing standards.
Full-time corrections officer position: Must be able to perform expected duties required for the daily operations of the jail. Must pass extensive background check and must be willing to work weekends, nights and holidays.
Please complete an Ionia County Application for Employment and submit it along with a cover letter and resumé to:
Undersheriff Andrew Bucholtz
Ionia County Sheriff’s Office
133 E. Adams St.
Ionia, MI 48846
Applications may be obtained from the county website at www.ioniacounty.org or the Human Resource Office.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled
Ionia County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.