FLOYD COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES 2021 MERIT POLICE OFFICER HIRING PROCESS
Frank Loop, Sheriff of Floyd County, Indiana, would like to announce that the Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is accepting applications for Merit Police Officer. Information regarding details of the position, general requirements, how to submit an online application and the selection process, can be found by visiting www.fcsdin.com.
Additionally, applicants must follow instructions provided on the website to register for the written test portion of the selection process. EMPCO, a company specializing in providing testing services for public safety entities, has partnered with the Indiana Sheriff’s Association to administer written tests to those seeking a career in law enforcement. The test is administered at most Ivy Tech campuses located around the state of Indiana. There is a fee to take this exam. Test information is available at https://www.empco.net/ind/. Applicants must register for, schedule and pay the fee for the written test through EMPCO, not Ivy Tech.
Online applications must be submitted between August 23rd, 2021 and September 30th, 2021. The written test must be completed by October 28th, 2021.
Merit Police Officers
- Click Here to Apply for a Merit Police Officer Position
- Must complete Written Test after applying for position of Merit Police Officer. Empco testing site/dates: Sellersburg Ivy Tech Campus- September 22, 28, 29 and October 19, 20, 26, 27, 28; other Ivy Tech campuses can also administer the test; Test information is available at https://www.empco.net/ind/ . Applicants must register for, schedule and pay the fee for the written test through EMPCO, not Ivy Tech.
- Must pass a Physical Fitness Test (ILEA Basic Course Exit Standards).
- Vertical Jump – 16 Inches
- One Minute Sit-ups: 29
- 300 Meter Run: 71 seconds
- Maximum Push-ups: 25
- 1.5 Mile Run: 16 Minutes, 28 Seconds
Physical Agility test will be held on November 6, 2021 at 8:00AM; rain date Sunday, November 7th, 2021 at 8:00AM; there are no make-up dates. Only those who successfully pass the written test will be notified of the physical agility test location.
For more information on the ILEA Physical Agility test visit: https://www.in.gov/ilea/physical-fitness-standards/
- Must complete all required background investigation components.
– Background Investigation packets will be sent out the week of November 8, 2021
- Must complete an oral interview.
– Oral interviews will be held January 4-6, 2022
- Must complete Polygraph Examination.
- Must agree to a thorough physical examination by a physician designated by the Department.
- Must be a resident of Floyd County
on the date of employment or be willing to become a Floyd County
resident within 1 year of appointment.
- Starting salary 2022: $58,352
- Paid Vacation, Personal, Holiday, & Sick Time
- Shift Differential
- Take Home Vehicle
- Promotional Rank Increases
- Deferred Compensation Options
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Paid Court Appearances