APPLICATION FOR POLICE OFFICER
The CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CLINTON ACT 78 POLICE & FIRE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION will be testing for the position of POLICE OFFICER to create an Eligibility List for future employment opportunities, beginning JULY 9, 2021.
To complete a profile and schedule a test for this position, go to the website https://client.empco.net/ and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. You must complete your profile, have a current passing score and be active in the system by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2021.
All applicants shall have the following qualifications:
- United States Citizen.
- Attained the age of 18.
- Associates Degree or sixty-two (62) earned credit hours from a university or college accredited by the North Central Association of Universities and Colleges, or have been a certified Police Officer for a minimum of two (2) years prior to the date of application.
- Hold a valid Michigan driver’s or chauffeur’s license, and have a good driving record.
- Must pass a written and oral examination with a minimum score of 70% on each examination.
- All applicants must have successfully completed an MCOLES accredited police academy and be certifiable by conditional offer of employment.
- Health and physical capacity to perform the essential functions of the position of Police Officer, as determined by an examining physician.
- Will be required to take and pass a psychological exam.
- Free of any abnormality of eye sight, and have not less than 20/40 vision in each eye without glasses, corrected to 20/30 vision with glasses, with an adequate color and depth perception.
- Must pass a drug screening test.
SALARY: $51,368 – $78,381
Excellent working conditions, fringe benefits, opportunity for advancement.
CLINTON TOWNSHIP POLICE & FIRE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
John Russi, Chairman
Bethany Pryor, Commissioner
Derek Wilczynski, Commissioner
Kim Meltzer, Secretary
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER