Position Summary: The Cass County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a full-time Corrections Officer who is highly motivated and eager to learn. As a Corrections Officer, you will be responsible for inmate processing, transports to and from court, and providing safety & security to the community.
Starting Pay: $22.45 per hour.
- 401a Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
- Health Savings Retirement plan & optional 457 plan with up to 15% Employer Contribution.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Paid Vacation, Comp-Time, Earned-Time-Off and Holiday Pay.
A Corrections Officer:
- Oversees the care and discipline of inmates, including passing of meals, medications, clothing, and hygiene items.
- Prepares, maintains, and communicates various legal, disciplinary, and other records and reports.
- Acts as a Court Bailiff as needed, serves civil process papers, and enters court records.
- Processes inmate intakes and releases, including recording fingerprints and DNA, searching for contraband, logging possessions, obtaining medical information, and communicating with appropriate agencies.
- Safely transports inmates to and from court, appointments, and other law enforcement facilities.
- Assists in criminal investigations and testifies in court when instructed.
- Provides first-aid, triage, and CPR.
- Resolves inmate conflicts and ensures peace is maintained throughout the facility.
*The examples above do not represent an exhaustive list of duties that an employee will be called on to perform.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION ARE AT WWW.CASSCOUNTYMI.ORG/JOBS