part of OUR team!
The Brandon Fire Department is accepting applications for Engineer/Paramedics. This is a 56-hour work week schedule. Come join a dedicated department that protects 36 square miles with a population of 17,000. The fire department responds to approximately 1,350 calls for service responding from three fire stations.
Position: Engineer/Paramedic (full-time)
SALARY: $48,513 · $60,627.84 (annual)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Be at least 18 years old
- Citizen or Legal resident of the United States
- Valid driver’s license
- Must pass criminal background investigation
- Complete the application form
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language
- Physical condition appropriate for the position
- Current EMPCO exam through EMPCO testing with a minimum score of 70% at time of application
- State of Michigan Paramedic License
- State of Michigan Firefighter I & II Certification
- Hazardous Materials – Operations level Certification
- AHA BLS Healthcare Provider
- American Heart Association ACLS provider
- Physical agility test (CPAT or BPAT) agility exam by time of oral interview
- Health Insurance (BCN/HMO) – 1st of the month following 30 days of employment, 20% copay of premium with an HRA.
- Dental/Optical – 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Life/Disability Insurance – (30 days from date of hire)
- Pension MERS defined benefit.
- PTO-24 hours personal per year
- Vacation – 120 hours (second year)
- Holidays – 13 Holidays paid in November
- PEHP (Post Employment Health Plan) – 25 years of service and age 55.
- Tuition Reimbursement (approved courses)
- Health Insurance Opt-Out ($2,000)
- Longevity after 5 years.
All questions regarding Engineer/Paramedic position should be directed to Fire Chief David Kwapis email@example.com or via telephone at 248-627-4000.
Applications are open to Brandon Township employees and the public at large, Application deadline is September 13, 2021, by 4:00 pm.
Brandon Township is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.